rediscovering eden
Who am I, that the Lord of all the earth
Would care to know my name
Would care to feel my hurt
Who am I, that the bright and morning Star
Would choose to light the way
For my ever wandering heart
Not because of who I am
But because of what You've done
Not because of what I've done
But because of who You are
I am a flower quickly fading
Here today and gone tomorrow
A wave tossed in the ocean
A vapor in the wind
Still You hear me when I'm calling
Lord, You catch me when I'm falling
And You've told me who I am
I am Yours, I am Yours
Who Am I, that the eyes that see my sin
Would look on me with love
and watch me rise again
Who Am I, that the voice that calmed the sea
Would call out through the rain
And calm the storm in me
whom shall i fear
whom shall i fear
i am yours
dailies
Monday, November 05, 2007
-10:44 AM
Joy in TrialsIntroduction
Last time, Ct suffers because they wanted to stay righteous.
Nowadays we suffer because we didn’t see God in the situation, causing us to feel depressed and often lonely.
Today I will not talk about how to stay ct-like in a deprived world,
rather I will share with you all, how I see joy in times of need.
Part 1: Sharing
A few of the sisters know that I am struggling lately.
I am facing a point in life that I know God is around but somehow I don’t feel him.
Been facing this problem a lot of times
but this time round I kind of have a hack care attitude because perhaps because I don’t want to face the problem.
One of the main hindrances I caused to others and God is being late.
According to last week BS class by rev Chua, there are 2 parts to a human brain.
The left-brain is where all the knowledge and stuff are and the right brain is where our emotion hides.
We need to install in the correct things so that when emotion overwhelm us, we will be able to control it with knowledge.
Practically, many people could say that I have taken God for granted because I have allowed my emotion to wilder.
I didn’t know whether what I am sharing is the correct ways of overcoming these kinds of moments.
But to me, I felt quite amazed when I came across this verse while I search for information for today’s program:
Part 2: Joy
James 1:2 Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds,
How on earth can we still be joyful when we are facing trials?
But this is what the Bible says. Consider it pure joy.
I don’t exactly remember when is the last time when I was really joyful.
This is sad because James asked the suffering Christians to be joyful.
I am not like those suffering ct because I was not being persecuted;
yet in my life, I did not appreciate the things that ought to be joyful about.
One Bible commentary mentioned that James asked the ct to be joyful so that it will be easier for them to handle the trials in their lives.
Part 3: Faith
James 1: 3 because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance
So Joy comes about because we have the opportunity for the testing of faith which develops perseverance.
And whatever things we are facing now are a test of faith.
Simply because if we understand the truth that God is a faithful God, what else do we fear.
But many times, I am blinded by the fact that I do not see him,
or I do not feel him,
hence I have buried that fact away and the problems seems bigger.
And I am not at all joyful when I did not understand why I have to face all these
but the Bible says that we ought to be joyful.
WHY?
Part 3: Perseverance
Because in our life, we are being tested so that we may develop perseverance.
To persevere in a world like this we need God.
We need faith in God.
We need faith that the One who created us have a plan for us.
We need faith to overcome the depressing moments in our lives.
We need faith to say Emmanuel.
Our faith is constantly being tested everyday and this is so because the Bible says:
Part 4: Result
James 1: 4 Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything
From this I understand that every moment of my life ought to be joyful.
And all the more in times of darkness
because our heavenly Father will not let us go through sth that we cannot bear.
Every struggling we had is for us to be mature and complete.
There is a purpose behind everything.
We ought to be joyful also because beside the fact that it is to train us,
And we have a God to go through it with us.
Part 5 : Conclusion
Back to me,
I was actually kind of depressed lately, but I know that God has his plan
and whatever he has placed me in, I will try to face it with a submissive heart.
One side of the brain tells me that I shouldn’t do thing simply because of responsibility
and that I should first get close to God.
And the other side tells me that I should just simply don’t care and be ct alright.
I hope that you all can pray for me
that I will be experiencing joyfulness in the whole process of this mind and emo fight.
I hope that you all will experience joy in any situation now.
Thanks.
Wenjun